This product is made by a company known as Life link. It is said to be helpful for inhibiting the growth of yeast fungi, particularly yeast-like fungi commonly referred to as Candida Albicans, which is also known to cause yeast infection.
The Life Link formula derives its name from caprylic acid, an 8-carbon fatty acid manufactured in the body and also found in palm oil, coconut oil, butter fat, animal and vegetable sources. To understand how it works, we carried out a little bit of investigation on the uses of and effectiveness of caprylic acid.
Caprylic Acid Life Link Ingredients
• Caprylic acid – Also known as octanoic acid, caprylic acid is a short chain fatty acid that’s manufactured in the body. It is also present in palm oil, coconut oil, milk butter fat and other animal and vegetable sources. It can be helpful for treatment of bacterial infections, slowing down the growth of fungi, destroying cancerous tumors and reducing blood pressure.
• Excipients – Life Link has also included a number of inactive substances, usually referred to as excipients, such as –
• Glyceryol, Monostearate is commonly referred to as GMS and is a colorless and odorless organic molecule used as an emulsifier
• Maltodextrin – is a type of polysaccharide used as food additive
• Silicon dioxide is a type of a chemical compound used in food production
• Gelatin – is a type of protein obtained from boiling tendons, ligaments, skin and bones of animals.
• Methocel – Also known as Methyl Cellulose, methocel is used in food processing for its lubrication properties.
The suggested use for Caprylic Acid is 2 tablets twice daily.
Possible Side Effects
There have been reports about stomach problems such as stomach upset being associated with the use of caprylic acid. Inclusion of several processing additives in this product may also cause side effects. Some people have also complained of “die-off” symptoms after taking caprylic acid supplements.
Will It Produce Long-Term Results?
While caprylic acid fatty acid may be effective for killing candida cells, it may not have lasting results as natural antifungal compounds work best in combination. It would have been more effective if it was combined with one or two other antifungal ingredients such as garlic or grapefruit extract.
Each bottle of Life Link’s Caprylic Acid costs $21.48 from the company. Many other retailers sell it at different discounted prices, ranging from as low as $12.60. If you stick to the recommended dose of 4 capsules daily, then each bottle of 100 capsules bottle would take you about 25 days.
Caprylic Acid Life Link Guarantee
The company does not offer money back guarantee. Apart from large ecommerce sellers such as eBay, other retailers are also silent about any form of return or refund policy. As a common rule, product owners or resellers will offer money back guarantee, unless they’re not sure about product quality.
Click here to learn about our Top Yeast Infection Treatment Products.
|Price (1 bottle)
Price (6 bottles) Best Value
|Speed of Results*||Extremely Fast||Good||Average||Slow||Slow|
|Quality of Ingredients||Premium||Good||Average||Average||Average|
|Customer Satisfaction Evaluation||99.4%||76.5%||74.2%||67.1%||60.5%|
|Safety Evaluation||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use|
|Customer Service Rating|
|Return Policy||Risk Free||Unopened||Good||Risk Free||Unopened|